Education Program Signup
Please select the program that interests you. (Please sign up for one program at a time. When you finish signing up for one, you can start another signup with the same school information.)
For more information about these programs, see our Student Programs page. All programs include comprehensive teacher training and TEKS-aligned classroom materials.
- Student MatineesThe chandelier will go up, the lights will go down, the orchestra will tune, and students will be treated to The Elixir of Love at the Winspear Opera House. The fully-staged opera production will be accompanied by the TDO Orchestra.
Cost: $4.00 per attendee (students and adults)
- Touring OperaTDO Touring Opera brings our fully-staged The Elixir of Love to your school's cafeteria, gym or auditorium. This production comes complete with sets and costumes, accompanied by piano. Your school must provide a 20x20' performance space. Ideal for student groups from 100 to 1,000.
Cost: Per school: $100.00 (public), $500.00 (private)
- TDO in a SuitcaseIf you are an after-school provider, bring the world of Jack and the Beanstalk to your students with our FREE TDO in a Suitcase program! We offer a 2-day residency consisting of, on day 1, a one-hour interactive workshop of visual art projects and music activities, and on day 2, a fully-staged, piano-accompanied performance of Jack and the Beanstalk performed by TDO teaching artists. The production is designed for your school’s cafeteria, gym or auditorium — the performance space needs to be at least 20'x20'.
- Dress RehearsalsBe the first to see a TDO production! The TDO Dress Rehearsals program invites area middle school, high school and college teachers to introduce their students to opera. Teachers can bring their students to observe the artistic process at a working final dress rehearsal of a mainstage TDO production. These rehearsals begin at 7:30pm.
- TDO SightlinesAt the Winspear Opera House, a few areas of the performance hall have restricted views of the stage — and even though the acoustics are just as good as the rest of the house, these seats are hard to sell to the public. Our loss is your gain!
- campTDOExplore the world of The Billy Goats Gruff at campTDO. Join the Dallas Opera for a 3-hour interactive workshop that gives students a first-hand account of what it takes to create an opera production. Under the guidance of TDO teaching artists, students will get a behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to perform live opera. Each campTDO session will conclude with a fully-staged performance of The Billy Goats Gruff performed by TDO teaching artists.